Social interactions and economic outcomes
Important: The PDFs of the individual chapters are posted on iCollege.
- Introduction and 2.1-2.12 in Economy, Society, and Public Policy1
- Play through “The Evolution of Trust” by Nicky Case
- Radiolab, “One Good Deed Deserves Another,” part 3 in “The Good Show,” season 9, episode 1
- Radiolab, “The Golden Rule,” part 1 in “What’s Left When You’re Right?,” season 12, episode 6
- Golden Balls Split or Steal video clip (watch after listening to “The Golden Rule”)
- Chapter 2 in Frederick W. Mayer, Narrative Politics: Stories and Collective Action2
Other useful resources
Links to other resources like YouTube videos, etc. will go here if needed.
Videos for each section of the lecture are available at this YouTube playlist.
- Individuals and society
- Game theory
- Stags, hares, and prisoners
- Fixing collective action problems
You can also watch the playlist (and skip around to different sections) here: